Our Pavement Engineering Team utilizes their knowledge of new alternatives in construction material and methodologies in combination with the most recent design procedures to tailor an economical and long lasting solution to the specific need of our clients.
Our Engineering team is well versed in pavement evaluation techniques utilizing different testing equipment. We routinely employ the following methodologies:
- Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD)
- Coring and Subsurface Soil Sampling
- Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP)
- Ground Penetration Radar (GPR)
We develop structural designs for pavements using the results of these tests and applicable standards such as the Caltrans Highway Design procedure, AASHTO Pavement Design Manual, and Mechanistic Empirical Pavement Design Manual.
We also utilize a variety of approaches in our engineering recommendations with the goal of helping agencies reduce construction cost, achieve sustainability goals, and apply green technologies in their projects. These include:
- (Cement, Lime) Soil Stabilization and Reconstruction
- Full Depth Reclamation (FDR)
- Cold Central Plant Recycling of Asphalt
- Cold In-Place Recycling of Asphalt
- Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC)
Twining’s team will often provide life cycle cost analysis and construction cost estimates for each presented option to help our clients make an informed decision. Aditionally, our Engineering team is highly knowledgeable in grants that are available to the agencies for their construction process.
Other Related Services:
- Special Hot Mix Asphalt Mix Design
- Soil Stabilization Mix Designs
- Cold In-Place Recycling Mix Design
- Porous Pavement Design
- Percolation Test
- Forensic Investigation and Expert Witness